Thank you for visiting craftcouncil.org, home of the American Craft Council and American Craft magazine. On this site, we want to provide you with information that is tailored to your interests and, at the same time, help you protect your privacy. Privacy is of paramount importance to the ACC and American Craft magazine. This notice explains our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your personal information is collected and used.
The Types of Information We Collect
From time to time at this site, you can subscribe to one of our services, or participate in our online forums. When you do any of these things, we ask you for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, credit card information, and may ask for information about your interests in and use of various products, programs, and services.
You may also occasionally submit information about other people to order a gift subscription online. If you want it sent directly to the recipient, you may submit the recipient's name, address, telephone number and email address.
We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our web pages such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We may collect your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"), which is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider, your company or your educational institution.
How We Use the Information
We use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and services and to respond to your inquiries about offerings.
- We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as when we make changes to subscriber agreements, to fulfill a request by you, or to contact you about your account with us.
- We use the information that you provide about others to enable us to send them your gifts. From time to time, we also may use this information to offer products, programs, or services to them.
- If you submit content for publication (for example, a letter to our editors), we may publish your name and other information you have provided to us.
- The information we collect in connection with our online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer products, programs, or services.
- We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to personalize your experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze site usage, as well as to offer products, programs, or services. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, gather broad demographic information, and administer our website.
- If you choose to become a member or renew your subscription through our site, we will forward your information to third parties for services such as credit card processing and order fulfillment.
We will disclose information in our database when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency's request.
We do not rent or sell our users' e-mail addresses. However, unless you request otherwise, we may rent or share your name and address with carefully selected companies who we believe can offer you services and products of interest to you. If you do not wish to have your information shared, write to us at [email protected]. If you do not wish to receive online marketing communications or our newsletter from us, write to us at [email protected] or simply follow the unsubscribe instructions contained within the e-mail.